But as I immersed myself more and more in the Spiritual Prosperity Laws and trusted in an infinite supply of wealth and abundance, I came to realise that by asking for and insisting on discounts, I was only discounting my own worth. It’s as though I was saying to the Universe that I was not worthy of that $500 coffeemaker.
Another thing about that discount mentality was that it attracted the same to me – people who undervalued me or didn’t provide the services contracted. It’s really just easier to be generous and expect the same back from life.
Don’t get me wrong – I am not saying don’t accept discounts. I am saying rather than placing your focus on cost cutting, why not direct your creative energy towards being prosperous and increasing your income? Wonderful thing about having a prosperity consciousness is that the Universe will find ways to provide your needs, including guiding you to be in the right place at the right time and finding that item your heart desires at the best price. Let the Savings and Discounts seek you!
So, now if I get offered a discount, I accept it with wide open arms and take it as a gift of prosperity, but I don’t go seeking them. I gladly pay those who provide me a service or product because I am worthy of it and they too are worthy of the fruit of their labour.
Other ways you may be inadvertently telling the Universe you are not worthy:
- You deflect or minimize compliments.
- You think that things are too good to be true.
- You feel guilty when people give you free gifts.
- You won’t throw out worn or torn out clothes. (I call it Sentimental Value. And I’m in recovery).
- You are resentful and envious of other people’s successes.
- You tolerate relationships where your needs are not being met.
- You are overly self-critical and are always seeking your next best achievement (… and sometimes without even taking time to celebrate your last one).
- You procrastinate (In truth you are saying the effort is not worth it because you will not get the rewards and outcome you seek).
- You habitually put other people’s needs above your own.
- You overextend yourself financially. (You want to live within your means even as you upgrade your prosperity consciousness).
Ok, I think you get the idea. And you know what… ?
All’s not lost; there are easy and inexpensive remedies to a bargain consciousness (in all areas of your life):
- Practice self-love and self-acceptance and watch as it becomes easier for you to boldly claim your worth. (Use this affirmation: I accept prosperity as my divine right, and I am worthy of…).
- Get in the habit of expecting good things to happen… even ‘miracle’ type good things.
- Celebrate the successes of others (when I am feeling a little on the wrong side of the prosperity scale I stop, sit down and run through my sisters’ successes and feel genuine joy and gratitude – always puts me right!).
- De-clutter and let go of things that are no longer working for you. It creates room and energy for new, positive things to come into your life.
- Learn to receive and give heart-felt compliments.
- Pre-pave for success: whenever you see something you like (be it a luxury car, beautiful dog, expensive restaurant, anything that you think would be nice to have and experience in your life) say to yourself, “that’s for me.”
These are all processes you will find in The Magic Manifesting Journal (plus a whole lot more).
And of course, if you want to take quantum leaps in your prosperity consciousness, work with a mentor. My life changed more in a couple of months working with a mentor than it did trying to figure it all out on my own for several years.
Until next time, stay Blessed and Be Prospered.
Author Bio: Loago Madigele is a Law of Attraction coach with a background in financial investing (former Certified Financial Analyst, Equity Analyst) who uses Theta Healing in conjunction with Law of Attraction to give clients a unique perspective in creating financial abundance and whatever else makes their heart sing. Find Loago at www.GoldDustCoach.com.