Most of us would have experienced anxiety at some time or the other. In fact, this is a very normal part of life; a small amount of anxiety even helps us direct our energies to certain important issues. The problem arises when anxiety exists without any reason and also disrupts the normal functioning of life. If this becomes a major problem for you then you should explore methods of natural anxiety relief because medications can result in a whole lot of new problems, especially dependency.
The most effective natural anxiety relief methods use:
1. Relaxation techniques: These include yoga, tai chi and meditation. These techniques help regulate your breathing, thanks to which your blood pressure will come under control.
2. Herbal products: Some of the most popular herbal remedies for anxiety include passionflower (Passiflora incarnata), valerian (Valeriana officinalis), kava (Piper methysticum), chamomile (Matricaria recutita), hops (Humulus lupulus), lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) and lavender (Lavandula hybrida). Green tea has also been found to be very effective at bringing down anxiety levels.
Be advised that these herbal products can be really strong and therefore should only be used with a great deal of care. As a matter of fact, you should not take any anti anxiety medications when you treat yourself with these herbal products for fear of suffering a negative reaction. Many of these herbal products can also result in negative side effects if you use them in excessive quantities.
3. Bodywork: Massage therapy, acupuncture and acupressure have been found to be very helpful at controlling anxiety. They release endorphin in the system and the ensuing positive sensations help to suppress worries and anxiety. It is possible to increase the benefit of massage by using certain aromatic oils. The most effective aromatic oils are lavender, geranium, bergamot and ylang-ylang.
4. Exercise: This might seem contradictory, but exercise is actually very helpful at getting you to relax. For one, it releases endorphin into the system. Secondly, it improves your health and reduces the causes of much anxiety. Finally, it distracts you from your problems.
5. Diet: Certain types of foods have the ability to reduce stress and anxiety. Leafy greens, garbanzo beans and navy beans contain folate whereas eggs are rich in choline and deep sea fish is a good source of omega 3 fatty acids. These nutrients are very effective at combating stress.
You will be able to lead a reasonably stress free life if you follow these natural anxiety relief tips.
Anxiety is a very common problem these days. Get a few natural anxiety relief tips so that you can lead a stress free life.
Article Source: 5 Hugely Effective Natural Anxiety Relief Tips