Massage is the best way to reduce muscle soreness or tension in them, but in most cases it just provides the best relaxation of the complete body. Many people use massage therapy to relieve stress or anxiety and receive positive energy. Massage can also help your body to release natural painkillers, and it may significantly strengthen your immune system.
Nowadays relaxing massage becomes more and more popular, but to enjoy it is not necessary to visit salons. Everybody can master massage skills following some simple tips. Relaxing massage doesn’t require any specific techniques, but it is very important to create the right atmosphere. The environment should be relaxing. Here are some steps you can follow to give your partner or a friend a great relaxing massage.
– Provide a comfortable temperature. It shouldn’t be too hot or too cold in the room. Take into account the fact that during a massage the body cools down.
– Close curtains, make the light dim or set some candles. Use aroma candles or aroma oil.
– Give massage on a hard surface, so place a blanket or a firm mattress on the floor.
– Use towels to cover the parts of the body that should not be exposed or that are massaged.
– Use massage oils.
– Your partner should lay in a comfortable position.
– Focus on the main stress stops such as head, neck, shoulders and back.
– Place yourself on the side next to your partner or behind.
– Massage bilateral sides of the head in a circular motion. Apply little pressure all around the head and behind the ears.
– Using your fingers perform an oval-shape motion around the sides of the neck. Focus mostly on the base of the skull because it is the centre of nerves that relate to headaches. Therefore, massaging this part can be helpful in case a person suffers from headaches.
– After massaging neck go to shoulders. Massage the shoulders with a bread-kneading motion.
– Come down to the back region and apply pressure in a circular motion on the lower back, moving to the area around the shoulder blades.
– Using the same motion massage legs slightly, but avoid the sensitive parts such as inner sides of the hips.
– Give a massage to feet by taking each into your hands and moving your thumbs in small circles though the whole foot up and down. Take each finger in turn.
– Massage the palms in the same way. Slowly slide from the knuckles to the nail holding it firmly in your hand without pulling it painfully.
– Relaxing massage takes some time, therefore be sure you have it. There is no haste needed when it is about enjoying.
Author Bio: Sheree Evans | Massage Specialists is a Mobile Massage Service. We strive on professionalism and are results-driven to alleviate pain, aches, muscle stiffness, aid in rehabilitation and provide relief from tension. Our team of fully qualified and insured Health Care Professionals are trained in a wide range of treatment styles from medically-based conditions to gentle Relaxation Massage.
Article Source: http://www.articlebiz.com/article/1051456429-1-relaxing-massage/